Thursday, December 1, 2016

Performance Art: Sticky Note Mural


         For my performance art piece, I decorated the wall of Brevard Hall's lobby with several dozens of sticky notes. I'm not the type of person who would like to do anything dramatic or extreme in public, so i decided to make a "mural" of a heart eyed emoji. 
          In order to succeed in making a sticky note mural the wall needs to be as smooth as possible so the adhesive and take hold of as much surface possible or it will fall off pretty quickly. The wall I used was a little rough but at the time I thought the location was the best spot or an audience. The sticky notes stayed on pretty well in the beginning and my friend and I rushed through much of the face of the emoji. However, later on as we started stacking sticky notes on sticky notes the collective weight started pulling them off the wall. So, I ran and got my glue stick, and was able to finish the project.
         At the time, there were hardly people coming in and out of the lobby so finding good reactions to the piece was scarce, but there are some good one's. Hope you like it!
  



No comments:

Post a Comment