Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Music Categories

Experiemental
Scambi, Thom Holmes
This music era is a topic I have learned about in the class Music and Technology where several people were interested in the avant garde. I also rememeber this song being played as an example of experimental music because of the unusual sounds, intruments, and techniques used to make such a piece.

Disco
I picked this song for disco music because its a song I remember dancing to alot in my childhood during my parents parties and get togethers. Celebration fits with this category because it was made to dance to during disco/dance parties.

Girl Power
Girl power music was manifested as a genre to boost girls confidence and self-esteem. When it came to choosing a song for girl power music "Run the World (Girls)" was the first to pop i nto my mind. Also, this song has often been nicknamed the "Girl Power Anthem".

Virtual
This pick is actually from an animated movie, Interstella 5555, which is entirely made up of different songs – one of which is "One More Time". I enjoy wathcing animation entwined with different types of media, even though much of society gives cartoons/animation a reputation that it is for kids.

Dubstep
Dubstep is type of electronic music that is made to dance to (similar to disco). The genre uses alot of heavy drum beats and synthesizers. I think that "Written Emotions" fits into this category.

No comments:

Post a Comment