Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Nightmare: Video Deconstruction


The theme I wanted to give for my video deconstruction project was, of course, nightmares. A year ago, I created a music piece for an electronic music class. I used simple everyday sounds like, a ruler hitting a binder, the pouring of water, a wobbling coin, and a zipper... zipping? I morphed and changed the sounds so much that they became something unrecognizable and creepy. I liked the effect and gave the sounds a rhythm. 

I decided to do the same thing (morphing) with visuals for the project. I used an ordinary location (dorm room), simple objects (flower, cards, doll) , and a very good friend (Alyssa). Alyssa dressed up in her Mad Hatter halloween costume and I changed the saturation, speed, and lighting/shadowing of the clips. Once again I used iMovie for my video project, which is a good tool for making/editting simple videos.

Something I would have changed or done differently would be to film all of the clips at night, so you would not be able to view so much of the background. But overall, I am happy with the end product of the project.

Youtube Link

No comments:

Post a Comment